Roads and streets become dark after night and if functional street lights are not present then it will be very difficult to find one’s way in the dark. Vehicles have headlights but when a person is walking, using flashlights for that purpose is not always possible. There are many dangers which can be avoided if adequate artificial lights are present on the roads and some of these hazards are enlisted below:
- If there are any pits or potholes on the path then it is highly dangerous to walk down that lane with a flashlight. However if adequate number of streetlights are present then a person can easily see and avoid the potholes.
- Thieves also prefer to use dark alleys for robbing individuals and if the street is well lighted then it will deter the thieves from attacking a passerby.
- While driving on the road the ability to view the entire expanse of the road helps the driver to maneuver the vehicle in a safe manner and avoid accidents while driving.
Therefore many problems can be simply nipped in the bud if artificial lights are used for illuminating every corner of the roads and streets. Led Street Light Fixtures are highly suitable for illuminating the dark areas of a street and can be installed for keeping darkness at bay. However these fixtures have to be done by quality service providers who have been working with such installations for quite some time.
The features of artificial lights that are to be evaluated
While thinking about the installation of artificial lights in the neighborhood or in a particular location it is important to know about the different features of those artificial lights thoroughly before choosing a particular one.
- The illumination offered by the lights:
All artificial lights do not provide the same amount of illumination. If a bright light is needed then knowing the wattage of that light is extremely essential. For example a 400w Led Floodlight is suitable for illuminating a moderate area effectively.
- The power consumed by the lights:
Electricity is a huge factor and low consumption of power is one of the most important aspects of LED lights. The power consumption is not very high and in case of high wattage floodlights the electricity bill is not severely increased.
- The maintenance required for the artificial lights:
Once a floodlight is installed the maintenance is quite easy. Usually such bulbs do not require replacement every now and then and have a long life. However replacements are also available and can be done if required.
- The installation cost of floodlights:
The initial cost of installing floodlights is a ibt high but if that cost is compared with the negligible cost of maintenance and bright illumination then it will be revealed that the initial cost of fitting the lights is quite meager.
Therefore installing superior quality floodlights will appropriately solve the problems related to nighttime driving and walking on the street.