We explain how you can clean a carpet dry. A rug is more than a piece that dresses your home and isolates it from the cold. On the carpet, your child plays with his first toys, you can sit on it with your friends, to see that movie, to tell adventures … Your rug is present in many moments of your life. But this piece has a very annoying problem: cleaning.
It’s not so bad. Cleaning a carpet is easier than it seems. It can be done with household products that we all have at home.
Learn How to Clean a Dry Carpet
There are different types of carpets: carpets that cover the entire room, carpet type folder that covers a certain area, hair cut, hair combined in different braids, wool, nylon, polyester, jute and many types of fabric or by how it was manufactured. Although the Carpet Cleaners listed below are homemade, you should consider the type of fiber you will be working on.
- One of the simplest and most effective methods for wool carpets is the use of sodium bicarbonate. This technique consists of covering the carpet with baking soda and leaving it on for one or two hours. The vacuum cleaner is then used to remove the dust. The bicarbonate also serves to eliminate bad smells from the carpet. For that, you have to let him act at least three hours.
- You can also clean and disinfect your carpet with salt. You have to cover the carpet completely and roll it up for a few hours. Then it will suffice to pass the vacuum cleaner so that it is perfect.
- Another option is specific Carpet Cleaners for carpet cleaning. These products are made with a powder solvent that removes dirt. Just throw it on the stain, let it act and aspire later.
- Another way to clean it is to use a solution made with a dishwasher, a few drops of ammonia and warm water. This mixture is used with a sprayer, so as not to soak the carpet, and rubbed with a cloth.
- You can use water and other detergents but, if you soak the carpet, you will need at least two days to dry properly. This is not recommended if you do not have a good place to hang it and well ventilated.
Professional carpet cleaning services
If you do not have too much time you can always turn to a professional . A dry cleaning service can be the easiest and is not that expensive. It is the most recommended in case of difficult spots that we do not know how to remove. There are companies that collect and deliver carpets at home. These companies not only clean the carpet, but they also disinfect, deodorize and comb it.
There are dry cleaners that offer cleaning service at home. This cleaning is done with specific machinery to clean upholstery. A very practical service if you have a carpet or if you can not give up your carpet for a couple of days.
Your rug is a unique piece, gives a special touch to your home and is full of memories: it deserves to be taken care of in an appropriate way.
Finally, it is necessary to clean and wash carpets thoroughly once a year in all those found in the house. In addition, wherever you do carpet cleaning, it is recommended to rotate it 180 degrees so that it will wear evenly and, periodically, move the furniture that is on top of it so that it does not have the mark.